I know you feel me when I say this screenwriting thing is not for the faint of heart…
It’s SO hard to keep yourself motivated and accountable when it’s just you, right?! Wouldn’t it be great to have someone to bounce ideas off of? To get in a room and really hammer this screenwriting thing out?
Well you asked, and we answered!
Next date coming soon! Join us for our virtual, interactive training – “From Scraps to Script: A One Day Intensive to Build Your First Draft.” We’ll be mastering the 4 S’s (Style, Structure, Substance, and Story) right from the comfort of your home. This is the perfect time to start that script you’ve always wanted to write. Let’s take full advantage of being home, map out the scenes for your script and get you on a writing schedule to have your script done in 60 days or less.
WHO IT’S FOR
This event is for anyone – novice or experienced – who has an unwritten, unfinished or unpolished screenplay idea they are ready to take to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
A supportive, engaging workshop where you’ll learn how to:
- Develop a clear and concise premise that forms an origin for your story
- Validate whether your story is structurally sound by creating a compelling logline
- Master writing techniques that make scenes leap off the page
- Evolve your story from idea to outline and begin defining the hook, plot twists, and high points that will keep your audience on the edge of their seats
- Develop plot points that keep your movie interesting and focused on your character’s journey
- Build a protagonist with whom the audience identifies, and who elicits empathy and sympathy that makes them irresistible
- Take your characters from good to great with the depth and vitality that will make them unforgettable to your audience
- Understand how characters affect all other aspects of story, including plot, theme, and structure
- Capture the true emotion of the moment and elevate the suspense, drama, and/or comedic value of your script with masterfully-crafted dialogue
You don’t need any prior screenwriting experience to sign up for the course, but you should have an idea for your screenplay. Having an idea will provide context for the topics covered in the course allowing you to apply them to a real-world example.
As we learn the concepts in the course, we’ll take time to truly “workshop it,” allowing some time for you to write and gather tangible and actionable feedback from me and the other attendees. We’ll turn it into a virtual writing room where we can bounce ideas off of one another and collaborate to help each other produce our best work!
You’ll leave this workshop empowered to polish up your existing script, or to take your first big steps to turn your idea to the next step and get it down on paper. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to network with members of a thriving community of screenwriters on a similar journey to becoming Hollywood rainmakers!
If you are looking for a comprehensive approach to learning the craft — immersing yourself in screenwriting theory and proven principles and practices – that you can immediately put to use to develop your original story, this workshop is for you!
We’re only taking a small group of creatives so that you can have all of your questions answered and receive all the feedback you need to get you going. Register now!