I know you feel me when I say this screenwriting thing is not for the faint of heart…
It’s SO hard to keep yourself motivated and accountable when it’s just you, right?! Wouldn’t it be great to have someone to bounce ideas off of? To get in a room and really hammer this screenwriting thing out?
Well you asked, and we answered!
New date coming soon! Join us for our in-person, interactive training – “From Scraps to Script: A One Day Intensive to Build Your First Draft.” We’ll be mastering the 4 S’s (Style, Structure, Substance, and Story) right here in the DC metropolitan area.
WHO IT’S FOR
This event is for anyone – novice or experienced – who has an unwritten, unfinished or unpolished screenplay idea they are ready to take to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
A supportive, engaging workshop where you’ll learn how to:
- Develop a clear and concise premise that forms an origin for your story
- Validate whether your story is structurally sound by creating a compelling logline
- Master writing techniques that make scenes leap off the page
- Evolve your story from idea to outline and begin defining the hook, plot twists, and high points that will keep your audience on the edge of their seats
- Develop plot points that keep your movie interesting and focused on your character’s journey
- Build a protagonist with whom the audience identifies, and who elicits empathy and sympathy that makes them irresistible
- Take your characters from good to great with the depth and vitality that will make them unforgettable to your audience
- Understand how characters affect all other aspects of story, including plot, theme, and structure
- Capture the true emotion of the moment and elevate the suspense, drama, and/or comedic value of your script with masterfully-crafted dialogue
Added bonuses: Writer tee, in the 60 days following the intensive, you will receive four follow up group meetings with me to ask questions and receive feedback. At the close of the 60 days, you’ll get a one on one call with me to discuss your script and next steps. AND I’m throwing in a FREE vacation at a resort in Cancun.
The investment for this intensive is only $800 and a 3 part payment plan is available.
You don’t need any prior screenwriting experience to sign up for the course, but you should have an idea for your screenplay. Having an idea will provide context for the topics covered in the course allowing you to apply them to a real-world example.
As we learn the concepts in the course, we’ll take time to truly “workshop it,” allowing some time for you to write and gather tangible and actionable feedback from me and the other attendees. We’ll turn it into a writing room where we can bounce ideas off of one another and collaborate to help each other produce our best work!
You’ll leave this workshop empowered to polish up your existing script, or to take your first big steps to turn your idea to the next step and get it down on paper. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to network with members of a thriving community of screenwriters on a similar journey to becoming Hollywood rainmakers!
If you are looking for a comprehensive approach to learning the craft — immersing yourself in screenwriting theory and proven principles and practices – that you can immediately put to use to develop your original story, this workshop is for you!
Stay tuned for our next date!